Christmas is fast approaching, but for many, it simply segues into the big day – New Year’s Eve. Quite possibly one of most popular days to throw a party or just party, New Year’s Eve is also popular for travelersseeking a great destination. Protect Your Bubble,travel protection brand, has compiled a list of the Top 10 New Year’s Eve destinations to ring in 2013.
1. Orlando – While Mickey Mouse is certainly for the children, the other theme parks rev up for New Year’s Eve. Hit Universal Studios for a great time, the Hard Rock Café for a meal or concert, and don’t forget all of the dining establishments, most of which are all-you-can-eat. Another great part is most of the action and hotels are closely located, so there is no need to worry about driving.
2. New York City – Think New Year’s Eve, and most people immediately see the ball drop in Times Square. As a classic destination, the city that never sleeps has more to it than Times Square from theatre, dining and culture, NYC has it all.
3. Las Vegas – Shows, casinos, buffets that stretch for a football field, affordable luxury and of course, partying make Las Vegas a great place to visit. There is a better than average chance of catching a celebrity or two in one of the hotel casinos, and the chance to have a great time is never far away. Eight hotels have simultaneous fireworks at midnight; don’t miss out.
4. Los Angeles – Why not have a party with friends or complete strangers for that matter in a city known for clubs. Don’t think visiting only one will work as many will have various themes for the night. Dress as a Roman emperor, a Mayan warrior or just regular club clothes and let the dancer in everyone out.
5. South Florida – Escape the winter’s grip and defrost in sunny South Florida. Miami and South Beach will be lit with fireworks, celebrity bashes and lots of clubs. Conversely, Bayfront Park Amphitheater drops a giant orange (It is Florida after all) and fireworks over the beach.
6. Denver –Exchange champagne and high-rises for micro-brews and the Rocky Mountains. The Mile High City has plenty to do and see with performances from symphonies to rock concerts and everything in between. Have a good time somewhere here for sure.
7. Cancun – Tired of the U.S.? Hit Cancun, Mexico and. Noted for Spring Breakers, Cancun has its fair share of activities for New Year’s Eve. Clubs, music, friendly people and a beach that may have water warm enough to swim in, even in January.
8. San Francisco – Each year, a 16th century bell tolls in the Asian Art Museum to chase away the ills of the old year and bring in the good of the new. Find plenty of themed parties in the original home of hippies and Rice-A-Roni. Catch fireworks over the famed Golden Gate Bridge as well.
9. Phoenix – Most do not think of the desert as a good place for New Year’s Eve, but Phoenix metropolitan status means lots of activities from beer gardens to BMX stunt shows.
USA Today previously ranked it as one of the best places to party in 2012; prove it again in 2013.
10. Chicago – The Windy City has a party for everyone from neighborhood bars with a laid back atmosphere to wild clubs with raving music. There is a spot for anyone in Chicago, but first they have to get there.
When planning your next getaway, remember that vacation insurance is a great way to cover trip emergencies, cancellations and interruptions. Protect Your Bubble travel protection gives travelers peace of mind, starting at $14 per trip. Visit http://www.protectyourbubble.com for a quick quote.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and
travel - all for today’s modern consumer. Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit http://www.protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA