President’s Day is a great three-day weekend and with it being the off-season in the U.S. chances are there are great deals to be had for those who want to enjoy a long weekend away. The beach, skiing and cities are all available so pack a bag and hit the road. Protect Your Bubble, travel insurance brand, has a list of some great places to consider for this long weekend.
- Mexico’s Riviera Maya – The beach in February may sound as foreign as ice-skating in July, but the Riviera Maya is only 35 minutes from the Cancun airport. Forty-one private villas with thatched roofs await. Full service spa, cabana beachfront entice visitors as well. The Sol y Mar package has a great discount on the room and spa services, so consider booking that.
- Telluride Ski Resort – Winter equals ski time for many and Telluride is one of the most panache of them all. Since it is not peak-season, expect to save big on hotel rooms, including the Hotel Telluride. Fifty-nine rooms with balcony or patio, view of the San Juan Mountains are breathtaking. Yoga, fitness center, ski storage and a small spa lack only some snow, but in February, that should not be a problem.
- South Beach Hotel – Miami Beach is always hot, even in the winter. The Mondrian South Beach hotel has plenty for adults: tubs shaped as clouds, giant lamps, red-carpet pool lounge and the restaurant is filled with hipsters each night.
- Beverly Hills Newcomer – The Mr. C Beverly Hills Hotel has the West Coast first Cipriani restaurant, retro rooms the ooze glam with balconies that overlook posh Beverly Hills. The pool deck is solid teak with bar and cabanas. Three or more nights means 25 percent off room rates.
- Contemporary New York City Hotel – The Smyth TriBeCa is an excellent winter city break destination. One-hundred rooms adored by celebrities, lobby bar with vintage accents and the happening brasserie Plein Sud. Book four or more nights and save 15 percent.
When planning your travel, remember that vacation insurance is a great way to cover trip emergencies, cancelations and interruptions. Protect Your Bubble travel protection gives travelers peace of mind, starting at $14 per trip. Visit www.protectyourbubble.com for a quick quote.