Oops Awards Video Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Oops Awards Video Contest (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older (19 or older in AL and NE) and located in the U.S. at the time of entry. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Protect Your Bubble (“Sponsor”), SweepstakesPros (“Contest Administrator”) and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors and licensees, and the advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the development and administration of the Contest (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and members of the immediate families (spouse, biological, adoptive or step-parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren and siblings, and each of their respective spouses (regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are not eligible to participate. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2. Promotion Period: The Contest begins at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 1, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on April 30, 2014 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. How to Enter the Contest: During the Promotion Period visit http://us.protectyourbubble.com/blog/ (the “Website”) and click on the link on the home page to locate and complete the online official entry form. Follow the on-screen directions to enter the Contest, upload your original video describing your experience specific to an OOPS! moment in which you damaged your smartphone, tablet or mobile device, complete all required fields and click submit to enter. This process, when properly completed, will constitute your “Entry” into the Contest. Entries must follow the submission requirements set forth below and comply in all respects with these Official Rules. All Entries are subject to a review by Contest Administrator and Sponsor prior to or after posting online, and may be removed at any time.
By submitting your Entry, you represent that your Entry conforms to the submission guidelines set forth below and with all of these Official Rules, and agree that Contest Administrator, in its sole discretion, may remove your Entry and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your Entry fails to conform to the submission requirements or to these Official Rules in any way. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON/ HOUSEHOLD/EMAIL ADDRESS. Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Contest Administrator’s decisions, which shall be final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Conditions of Submission:
a. Submission Guidelines:
1. The Entry submitted must be the original creation of the entrant alone; modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s preexisting work does not qualify as an entrant’s original creation.
2. The Entry must feature a real story about how you damaged your electronic device.
3. Videos must be uploaded via Post Kudos in one of the following formats: .mov, .avi, .mkv, .mp4, .m4v, .mpg, .mpeg, .wmv and .3gp and must be no longer than 30 seconds long, as determined by Contest Administrator.
4. All Entries must be in English.
b. Additional Conditions of Submission: Any Entry which Contest Administrator or Sponsor, in their sole opinion, deems to be inappropriate for publication or inclusion in this Contest will not be considered or displayed and the corresponding entrant will be disqualified. Entry cannot, in the opinion of the Contest Administrator or Sponsor: (i) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (ii) promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (iii) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (iv) defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies; (v) contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; (vi) contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media); (vii) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead without permission; (viii) communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and (ix) depict violation of any law, or in and of itself, be in violation of any law. By submitting an Entry each entrant represents and warrants that: (i) his/her Entry is the sole and original creation of the entrant or entrant owns all rights in the video and Entry has not been copied in whole or in part from any other work; (ii) the Entry does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark/tradename, or other proprietary right of any person (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity; (iii) the Entry is the sole and exclusive property of the entrant; (iv) the participants other than entrant depicted in the Entry (if any) have given written consent to submission of the Entry into the Contest and use of the Entry as contemplated by these Official Rules and entrant can supply proof of consent if requested by Sponsor; (v) the Entry has not been previously published; (vi) entrant owns or otherwise has rights to use all elements of the Entry; (viii) entrant is the parent or legal guardian of any minors appearing in the Entry; (ix) Entry has not won previous awards; and (x) publication of the Entry via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Each entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Parties from any claims to the contrary.
All entrants must use caution and common sense in creating their Entries.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE(S), IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Posting of an Entry is not an indication that the Entry has won a prize or is otherwise eligible or favored for a prize. Rights Granted: By entering, you irrevocably and forever grant and assign to Sponsor all worldwide right, title, and interest in and to your Entry (and all works derived from it) including but not limited to all intellectual property rights and agree that Sponsor may reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry or portions of the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor at its discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including without limitation posting on Sponsor-affiliated websites, Social Media sites and/or other Sponsor-selected media, without any kind of payment to you. You expressly waive all rights to review or approve any use that Sponsor makes of your Entry in accordance with these Official Rules. By entering, you further agree to waive all rights of attribution and integrity if your Entry is used by Sponsor or anyone Sponsor authorizes, and to waive any moral rights in the Entry.
By entering the Contest, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligations other than those contained in these Official Rules, and that Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas therein without any compensation to you. You further acknowledge that Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
By entering the Contest, you understand and acknowledge that you will not now or in the future be paid or compensated in any way for your Entry or for granting the Sponsor any of the rights set out in these Official Rules. You further acknowledge that Sponsor is not obligated to make use of any of the rights granted in these Official Rules.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Contest Administrator and Sponsor reserve the right, in their reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Promotion Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her Entry prior to any voting or judging period.
2. Voting for Grand Prize Winner: Voting for the Grand Prize Winner begins at 10:00 a.m. ET on April 1, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on April 30, 2014 (” Voting Period”). The Entry that receives the highest number of valid votes at the conclusion of the Voting Period, as determined by the Contest Administrator, will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner, subject to verification. In the event of a tie, the Contest Administrator will judge the tied Entries on the basis of “Originality”. The Entry receiving the highest score will be deemed the winner. Winner will be determined by approximately May 15, 2014.
How to Vote: During the Voting Period, Entries will be posted for public voting at us.protectyourbubble.com/blog/oops-awards-mobile-electronic-device-2014/ (the “Voting Site”). Persons who meet the eligibility criteria as set forth in Rule 1, above, will be allowed to vote for the Entry(ies) they believe is/are best. Entrants may vote for their own Entries. While on the Voting Site, click on the link to locate the online official voting form. Follow on-screen directions to vote. LIMIT ONE (1) VOTE PER ENTRY PER PERSON/ EMAIL ADDRESS DURING THE VOTING PERIOD. Multiple votes for an individual Entry received from the same person or email address will be void. Any attempt by any entrant or voter to obtain more than the stated number of votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, by using any automated program, by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will void those votes and entrant and/or the Entry may be disqualified, as determined by Contest Administrator in its sole discretion.
3. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded, consisting of one (1) Apple® iPad Mini™ 16GB Wifi mobile digital device (ARV $349). No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as provided herein. If the prize, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local income taxes on the prize, and all other costs associated with use of the prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Arrangements for delivery of prizes will be performed after winner validation. The prize will be awarded provided it is claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules.
4. Conditions: Contest Administrator’s decisions are final in all matters relating to this Contest including but not limited to the tallying and validation of all votes received. The potential winner will be notified by telephone, email, regular mail or overnight mail, and may be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and where lawful, a publicity release (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”) within a stated amount of time. If Prize Claim Documents are not received by the date stated on the notification, or if any notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or does not return such other releases as deemed necessary by Contest Administrator, the potential winner will be disqualified and at Contest Administrator’s discretion, an alternative potential winner may be selected based on the results of the voting. Contest Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select an alternate prize winner based on the results of the voting should the voting for the potential winner appear to have been tampered with or manipulated in any way.
Promotion Parties are not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Promotion Parties assume no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible, inaccurate, damaged or incomplete Entries or other communications, non-delivered or postage due mail, failure or unavailability of electronic equipment, communications or internet connections, or other errors, failures or malfunctions of any kind including but not limited to human errors. Entries by automatic, programmed or like methods will be disqualified. Improper, incomplete, mutilated and illegible Entries will be disqualified. Prize will be shipped only to an address within the 50 United States/D.C. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest Administrator. If, in Contest Administrator’s sole opinion, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Contest Administrator reserves the right to modify or terminate the Contest in a manner deemed reasonable by the Contest Administrator, at the Contest Administrator’s sole discretion. In the event of cancellation of the Contest, Contest Administrator will randomly award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to cancellation. Contest Administrator reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry/voting process or the Website or acts in a disruptive or unfair manner. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, Entries will be declared made by the person in whose name the entry was submitted.
5. Choice of Law and Jurisdiction: This Contest is offered only in the 50 United States and D.C. and is governed by the laws of the State of Georgia. By entering, entrants irrevocably consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Georgia located in the county of Fulton for any action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Contest.
7. Releases: As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Parties their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, sales representatives, distributors, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies and the officers, directors, employees and agents of each of the foregoing, from and against any and all liability, loss, injuries or damages associated with participation in this Contest or incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, or the use of any Entry in whole or in part; (b) that under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and the entrant hereby waives all rights to claim (to the extent allowed by applicable law), punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) that all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or the prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) that any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Except where prohibited, by accepting prize, winner grants permission for Sponsor and its agents to use his/her name, video/photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
8. Winner Info: To view the winner’s name for this Contest, please visit http://certified.promotrust.comprotectyourbubble/oopsawardsapril/winners. The winner’s name will be available after winner validation has been completed.
9. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored solely by Protect Your Bubble, Atlanta, GA, 30309.
10. Contest Administrator: The Contest is administered and judged by SweepstakesPros, P.O. Box 18404, San Jose, CA 95158.
Apple is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. iPad mini is a trademark of Apple Inc.
Apple Inc. does not sponsor or endorse this Contest, and is not affiliated with the Sponsor or Contest Administrator in any way.