Traveling is exciting, but it can also be very hectic. There are all kinds of things that you need to remember. Some of them, if you forget them, are not the end of the world. Others, however, can ruin your whole trip! The more prepared you are, the less stressed out you will be on the day of your trip. It helps to be organized, so here’s a last minute travel checklist that you can refer to every time you travel. Here are the most important things you will definitely want to check off.
You Don’t Need To See My Identification
- Passport (if traveling overseas) – make sure that your passport isn’t expired. For certain countries, your passport must be valid for six months after the date you travel so verify this before you leave for your trip.
- Visa – if required.
- Flight Tickets – if you don’t have a physical ticket, confirm your E-ticket with the airline before you leave.
- Accommodation Vouchers
- Transfer Vouchers
- Travel Insurance – consider whether you want to purchase travel insurance to protect yourself & family from unforeseen events.
- Phone Numbers for Home
- Health Documentation(s)
- Emergency Information
- Local Currency – if you’re traveling out of the country, be sure to have the local currency on hand.
- Credit Card(s)
- Driver’s License – do not leave this at home and make sure it is not expired. Be mindful of the driving laws of the place you plan to visit.
- Make copies of all documentation keep one copy with you and leave a copy of your passport, credit cards, travel insurance with a friend or family member.
Before you pack your suitcase, do your research on the kind of weather you will be getting and pack accordingly. Always remember that the weather can change quickly, so pack for unexpected changes.
- Casual Day Wear
- Cold weather gear (jumper, coat, warm hat, gloves, scarf)
- Warm weather gear (swimsuit, shorts, sandals
- Comfortable walking shoes (must be worn in)
- Sun Hat
So Fresh and So Clean Clean
- Comb and/or brush
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss etc
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Skin-care lotion
- Razor & shaving cream
- Personal hygiene items
- Make Up
- Bath / beach towel
- Insect repellent
- Antiseptic wipes
- Upset stomach / Diarrhea medication
- Regular medication, plus a letter from your doctor for anything unusual.
Okay, Just Get The Bare Essentials
- Cell Phone
- Laptop or tablet
- Luggage (Check any weight restrictions)
- Back pack
- Money belt
- Ipod/MP3 Player
- Camera & memory cards
- Guide book and maps
- Travel journal & pens
- Games / playing cards
- Small padlocks for suitcase
- Luggage ID tags
- Travel pillow
- Zip lock plastic bags
- Electrical converter / adapter if you have AC appliances
- Earplugs / eyeshades
These are important things to remember when making your last minute travel checklist. Most likely you’ll come up with other things to include, depending on your specific plans.