It’s hard to believe that the iPhone just celebrated its fifth birthday. In fact, life before the iPhone feels like a distant memory. The sleek design, smooth touch interface and its smartphone capabilities soon became an industry standard. As we remember how far the iPhone has come, we can’t help but wonder (daydream) what Apple has up its sleeve for the rumored iPhone 5 release later this year. Only time will tell.
Timeline of the iPhone:
- Launched June 29, 2007
- Named “Invention of the Year,” by Time Magazine
iPhone 3G and 3GS
- iPhone 3G launched July 11, 2008
- Sales of the 3G iPhone hit one million in its first weekend
- Launched June 24, 2010
- 1.7 million iPhone 4s were sold in its first three days of availability
- Launched October 14, 2011
- Four million units of the iPhone 4S were sold in the first three days of release
Whether you’re an avid iPhone user, or prefer Android, one thing is for sure…these gadgets can be pricey. Consider protecting your device with Protect Your Bubble’s gadget insurance.