Are you planning to purchase the all-new iPhone 5s and 5c this year? If so, you’re not alone. The iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c handsets topped 9 million units through their first weekend of availability. In fact, by 5:00 AM on September 2, 2013, there were already about 1,200 people in line outside the store. Among the approximate 1,200 people:
- 18% waited to buy the 5c
- 73% waited to buy the 5s.
The first person in line at the New York 5th Avenue Apple store was Brian, a 19-year old musician who had been in line for 2 weeks just to buy a gold 5s. Now that is what you call being persistent and fanatic!
- 52% would rather eat the same meal every day for a year rather than give up their smartphone
- When asked who would they rather Facetime with, 41% chose President Obama. The other choices were Bill Gates (23%), Jay-Z (15%), Miley Cyrus (13%) and Tom Brady (9%).
- 66% of the users will be upgrading to the new iPhone from their earlier model, the rest from feature phone, Blackberry, Samsung Galaxy and first smartphone.
- 32% replaced their phone due to a drop that caused a crack screen.
- 25% experienced having a phone that just stops working properly
- 26% never lost or broken a phone
- Most users are excited about the Touch ID fingerprint sensor that the new iPhone 5s offers. Others are into the A7 chip with 64-bit architecture, 28% and 26% respectively.
- Meanwhile, the iPhone 5c users are more excited about the iOS7 and the bright, new colors that this model brings – which is 20% and 16% respectively.
- 41% of the users intended to buy iPhone insurance
- 30% only knew that it would cost $849 to replace an iPhone 5 if it was lost, stolen or damaged.
If you already own the 5s or 5c, what do you think? And most importantly – how are you protecting your beloved new device? Protect your new iPhone today by getting your own iPhone insurance that covers drops, spills, damage, theft – and more.