With Father’s Day creeping up on Sunday June 21st, we’ve gathered some great deals you can grab now that would make great gifts for your dad. Take a look see and make sure your pops will get something he’ll actually like this year.
1. Grill Tool Set. Summer is the perfect time to kickback in the sun while grilling for the family. This grilling tool set from Cuisinart will give your dad a reminder as to how much you appreciate him. The set includes chef’s spatula, grill tongs, silicone basting brush, 4 pairs of corn holders, cleaning brush, and extra brush head. It’s currently 53% off the original price for a final price of $23.74.
2. Men’s Apparel. Whether your dad is a fragrance or shoe guy, Nordstrom.com is offering their DAD FIRST father’s day sale. Gifts start at $50 and go up to $200. You can also personalize some of the gifts such as growlers, whiskey glasses, and craft beer holders. Nordstrom also offers a father’s day gift card to let your father go out and make his own purchases. They even offer free standard shipping.
3. Power Tools. We can’t forget about our handyman dads. Homedepot.com is running a power tool sell for this upcoming Father’s Day. Storage chest, air tools, and tool accessories are all 30-40 % off. Now that’s what we call Tim “The Toolman” Savings. If you are not sure what dad is missing in his tool shed, gift cards are also offered with a special holiday message.
Now that you have some good ideas, let’s start saving. These specials are only running up until the 21st of June. Make sure it a Father’s Day to remember.
In our monthly series of answering customer questions, we address the question surrounding your homeowner’s and renter’s insurance in regards to your tech devices and appliances. Check out the video below to get the lowdown about the difference between protection plans & homeowner’s or renters insurance.
It’s the Avengers. It’s also 2015. That means your favorite super heroes might be using the latest tech gadgets. The comic book fans here at Protect Your Bubble had some fun to determine what kind of gadgets each one might use, and why they’d need to protect it from the Universe’s dangers.
Iron Man – A genius like Tony Stark is constantly using his advanced technology to create new ways to protect the universe. But what happens when Jarvis and the rest of Stark’s tech gets an enemy virus and completely breaks down? Even superheroes need have to deal with broken GoogleGlass or other gadgets sometimes. Google Glass would complement pedestrian Tony’s connection with Jarvis, which acts as another seeing eye in the Iron Man suit.
Google Glass would be more popular if it used Jarvis A.I.
Captain America – Captain America is an old-school guy living in a high-tech world. He simply can’t keep up! He refuses to part with the ways of the past and trade in his late-model electronics for newer updated versions. Keeping his tech protected can help him keep the things he loves in great condition. We wouldn’t be surprised if he still used a rotary phone to order some shawarma.
Black Widow – Agent Romanov prefers to have hands-free devices so that she is able to eliminate the enemy with ease. Not that it would be any problem for the world’s greatest spy and most skilled assassin. She needs a personalhotspot to find her target. Better keep it from malfunction and compromising her mission.
Black Widow is not amused by poor connectivity of her personal hotspot
Hawkeye – Clint Barton is a family man, but when the disaster strikes and the Avengers are called to assemble he’s got to leave his adorable country home and defend the world. That’s why Hawkeye needs his tablet. Even from the battlefield he is able to video chat with his loved ones at home. But flying bullets, arrows and other alien weapons could damage this device, that’s why he insures his tech. Family first, then saving the universe. We’re also guessing from his love of firing projectiles that he is an avid fan of Angry Birds.
Hawkeye is the world's most secretive family man & facetime user.
Thor – Wielding an alien hammer and being the God of Thunder isn’t easy. It also requires excellent physical conditioning. Thor depends on a protection plan to keep his Fitbit from damage while summoning lightning bolts from his hammer. We hope his frequent trips between Earth and Asgard doesn’t skew the distance traveled on his Fitbit.
Bruce Banner/Hulk – We all know the story, your laptop runs so slow that you just want to smash it. Bruce Banner knows this struggle all too well. But when he gets frustrated, he turns into a raging green monster. Banner has lost countless computers to the ‘HULK SMASH’, good thing he has dependable protection so that he can get unlimited repairs and replacements on all his electronic devices. Even the world’s toughest, most durable laptops would not stand a chance.
Even the most rugged, hulking laptops cannot withstand the Hulk Smash
Phone cases are a unique way of showing off your personality. Customization in accessories for mobile devices is a growing trend. Why not take your phone case to another level and do it yourself. So the next time you are out and someone ask “Where can I grab that phone case?” You can say nowhere.
1. Printable Templates- Websites like spreadshirt.com offer custom designs to make on the web for a relative very cheap price. It quite simple to design. Firstly, pick the type of phone you want to design. Next, pick the image by choosing something to upload or one of their presets. In the end, consumers will spend roughly 15 bucks!
2. Duct Tape- Though this may seem a little old-fashioned, duct tape actually is a part of arts n’ crafts. There are all types of trendy designs that can bring out your personality. So go to your local arts n crafts store like Michael’s and purchase some tape.
3. Scrapbook Cut-Outs- Those cut-outs are not limited to your picture album. Be creative and use different cut-outs to fit onto your phone. You can purchase a blank case and use the leftover graphics by applying them on the case with an adhesive like fabric-tac.
4.Sharpie- If you are a good drawer, sharpies are your best friend. Simply purchase a white blank phone case and let you imagination run wild!
5. Lace- This is more than likely for the women. If you are trying to give your phone a sexy look, this is the perfect material. It’s very different and noticeable in public! Make sure to use a reliable adhesive to ensure a lasting case like the one stated earlier.
The possibilities are limitless with these DIY phone case projects. These inexpensive artsy projects are easy to produce, and will definitely make your phone feel special. Also remember while aesthetics is nice, phone protection is still more important. If your case looks great but does a bad job of protecting your phone from damage, you might want to invest in a phone protection plan.