Every year Black Friday is the biggest shopping day of the year that every bargain shopper eagerly anticipates. This year Black Friday falls on the second-latest possible date, November 28th. This will give retailers a shorter than average period between Black Friday and Christmas, the most important stretch of the year for them, which should mean more deals after Black Friday as well.
We’ve come up with 3 tech deals you should look for this upcoming Black Friday 2014.
1. Larger-Sized TV Deals – Go Big or Go Home!
TV’s are usually one of the biggest seller’s at most top retailers each Black Friday, and for good reason. Each year, as the sizes that are up for sale tend to grow, discounts do too. So it is realistic to assume that the same should be expected this year.
New this year, we can expect to see several models of Ultra HD models, as well as a curved screen model or two, to appear in Black Friday ads. You can also expect deals in Black Friday ads for under $250 on a lower-quality model.
At Best Buy, these TV door buster deals will be available in limited quantity.
- A 55-inch Samsung UHD TV, model UN55HU6830FXZA, a 120Hz smart TV that will be available for $899.99
- The 55-inch LG 55LB5900, priced at $479.99, a 1080p 120Hz set that doesn’t have many other features
- A 50-inch Vizio M502I-B1, a 240Hz smart TV set in the company’s step-up M series, for $499.99
Ultra HD 4K
- Samsung UN55HU7250FXZA, a curved UHD TV, for $1,299.99
- LG 55UB8200 for $1,300
- Sony XBR55X850B, in its entry-level 4K series, for $1,499.99
- Vizio P552UI-B2, a P-series model, priced at $1,299.99
- Samsung’s 60-inch 120Hz 1080p LED/LCD smart TV, model UN60H6203AFXZ for $799
- LG’s 65-inch 1080p LED/LCD (65LB5200) for $799
- Sharp’s 60-inch Aquos 1080p LED/LCD smart TV (model LC-60LE644) for $699
- a 60-inch Sony 120Hz smart LED/LCD TV, model KDL-60R510A for $799
- Sharp’s 70-inch LC-70TQ15U, a 240Hz 1080p smart LED/LCD TV for $1,799
2. Apple Products Galore – iPhones, iPads, & More!
Apple products are among the first items that shoppers look for deals on during the Black Friday event.
Walmart will be selling the new Apple iPhone 6 at a $20 discount and giving buyers a $75 gift card on top of that. Target is offering a similar deal except the $75 gift card will be only $30. Don’t be cheap Target!
Staples will be offering the Apple iPad Mini 2 for $239. Target will offer a $140 store gift card with the purchase of a 16GB iPad Air 2 (which lists for $499), a $100 card with a 16GB iPad Mini 3 or iPad Air ($399 each), and an $80 card with a 16GB non-Retina iPad Mini ($249).
For Apple Macbooks at Best Buy, shoppers will be able to save $150 off of the larger 13.3-inch MacBook Air and $120 off of the smaller 11.6-inch MacBook Air. With respect to the MacBook Pro, the 13.3-inch model with Retina display will come with $150 worth of savings while the non-Retina model will come with $200 worth of dicsounts.
The final price tag will appear like this:
- MacBook Air 13.3-inch – $1049.99
- MacBook Air 11.6-inch – $779.99
- MacBook Pro Retina Display – $1349.99
- MacBook Pro non-Retina – $899.99
3. Laptops – Yes these still exist!
One of the most popular Black Friday ad items traditionally has been the ultra-cheap laptop. Models with upgraded components should also be very good deals this year. Back-to-school sales were down and that factor, combined with lower prices for the individual components should lead to great bargains this year.
Best Buy is dishing out the Acer Chromebook 11.6-inch for $149.99 (regular price $199.99). Staples is selling a super cheap Asus laptop for $99.99, giving shoppers a $150 discount.
Looking for a laptop/tablet combo? Wal-mart is offering a Toshiba 2in1 Touchscreen laptop for $299. That’s a sweet deal for a laptop/tablet combo that usually goes for $500.
Remember, to get a jump on great Black Friday deals, start planning now, research your purchases and above all else spread good cheer. If previous years’ Black Fridays are any indication, pretty much everything will be on sale. If you haven’t already started budgeting for this usually big expense, now would be a good time to start!