We at Protect Your Bubble are proud to introduce our latest free infographic: 5 Outrageous Rental Car Fees (and other insider tips you need to know). Please share!
A few stats about rental car fees, ripoffs, and little known facts:
- 20% of all consumers have rented a car in the past 12 months
- On average, people rent a car for a duration of five days.
- Average cost of an incident to the rental car is $800 or more
- Roughly 1/6 people have experienced damage to a rental car
It is important for a consumer to know what the common rental car rip offs are and how they can be avoided. These include:
- Excessive cleaning fees – you can avoid these fees by taking the time to clean out the rental car before dropping it off.
- Late charges – return the car at least 15 minutes before and you definitely won’t be charged for this!
- $5 per gallon fuel charges – this won’t be an issue if you fill up the tank ahead of time.
- GPS device rental fees – your phone’s navigation is just as effective. If you can, use it instead.
- Rental car insurance fees – a little pre-planning goes a long way! If you buy before you get to the rental car counter from a third party (like us!) you can save up to 70%.
In the event of an accident with your rental, how should you handle it? Here are 4 things you should do:
- Call 911 in the event of injuries
- File a police report
- Take photos of the vehicle
- File an insurance claim immediately
As long as you know what rental car fees to expect, how to avoid excessive charges, and you know what to do in the event of a damaged rental car, your car rental experience doesn’t have to be stressful.